11/5/07

Peyton is now in an open crib and seems to be holding is temperature. Dr. Visick said it won't be surprising if he loses some weight these next few days because of the change. All the nurses are in love with his hair. They spike it up like Ty Penington (the host on Extreme Home Make Over). Peyton seems to be mellow, but wants to be snuggled often. I will hear him in his isolette whimpering and I wonder whats wrong...So I pick him up to see if he's positioned wrong or has a wet diaper and he goes right to sleep. He loves to be held. Isabella is doing good. She is still working on the holding-her-breath thing, but having many more good days then bad. She is known to be the spicy one. She knows right when I enter the room and tends to get upset when I'm holding Peyton before her. She knows when it is feeding time and wants it with no delay. She eats out of a bottle/breast feeds very well.

I'm amazed when I look back at the last few weeks at how much can occur in such a short time. The birth of a child is always amazing, but I believe that everything that has happened since will make strong impressions on us for the rest of our lives...
When I was pregnant I was pretty positive that I would make it to 36 weeks with no problem. I imagined that if I did deliver early, I would have a boy and a girl who would be small, but would grow and come home. I guess this is what did/will happen, but I see it from a different side now. Now, I see two little babies with individual personalities, who have no ability to change what happens to them. They are completely reliant upon good nurses and doctors to meet their necessities. I won't forget standing next to Peyton's isolette praying as hard as I could that he would be ok...I never thought that I would be in that position. We have every reason to count our blessings...

No comments:

Dumb and Dumber

The yard...