4/2/09

What a day...

The day started with babies screaming in the crib (2 poopie diapers), Phoenix jumping in the crib with them, trying to comb through Carson's hair from crazy hair day yesterday so he an be ready to catch the bus (didn't he get a bath last night you ask? Baths here only come once a week if your lucky...j/k, well sort of.) I made scones for breakfast (way to start the day...sugar rush) while Phoenix screamed for eggs, of course. So after making scones I fried up 3 eggs for Phoenix and tried to change the subject before he reminded me that he gets brownies after his eggs (he decided this last night after I told him "no more eggs or brownies today, it'll hurt your tummy"...this is my usual answer when he asks for more than 8 eggs in one day). The babies loved their introduction to scones and made sure they shared their new found love for syrup with their freshly changed clothes. I quickly answered 4 business emails and loaded the dishwasher with just about everything including my children and then rushed Carson to brush his teeth and head out the door to catch the bus. Up the stairs to change the second load of laundry and then to clean up every super hero costume and pair of pants and pajamas that the boys own. I fight with Phoenix to change his undies since he wanted to recycle a dirty pair he found in the laundry stack while the babies pull every bow, toothbrush and toilet paper roll they can get their hands on from the bathroom drawers. Into the bathroom to clean up their mess and the kids head out the door to who knows where....Moments later Phoenix says he went potty and I find him cleaning up his mess in MY bathroom while the babies splash in his pee water. It's 9:42 am now and Phoenix says "Mom, I'm hungwee, can you make me sumpin' to eat?" Seriously...did anyone give me a warning about motherhood?

2 comments:

chrissy said...

Seariously, you just made me laugh my butt off. I love reading these, your brighten my day. Really though, would you have it any other way?

Heather said...

OMG, Aubrey... haven't laughed so hard since it was ME going through all of this!....OH, wait... that was crying I was doing! Seriously, though, it really does get easier! Hang in there!!! Stan told me all about the egg fiend and the pee-pee water escapades already, but reading about it from your perspective was just too hilarious. I'm glad you have such a great attitude about it. If nothing else, kids (twins especially) are great for a good laugh and many great stories to be told and re-told as they finally get older. Miss you... need to get together sometime... Auntie Heather

Dumb and Dumber

The yard...