8/20/08

Quit BUGGIN me!

Many people ask where we (usually me - Aubs) get the time to blog with our crazy screaming household of children. Well, as many of you know, we currently reside in a basement apartment until our "crib" (currently under construction) is complete. With no time spent mowing lawns, visiting with neighbors or enjoying life as we knew it as home owners, some time is savored by sharing personal experiences with my make-believe entourage of fans while the children slumber. (can we say run-on-sentence?) Blogs are my way of pretending that we're not going crazy...
So without further adieu...the blogging continues...now back to basement apartments...

We have learned a lot from living in a basement apartment...
(oh great, here comes a tangent!)
  1. Don't trust bug bombs, spider spray or potato bugs
  2. hmm....maybe we haven't learned a lot

Well, the important thing is that we love our close quarters and aren't really even excited to move into a house without an endless supply of potato bugs on our bathroom floor every morning...or wait...reverse that.

SO, you're looking at the picture of the spider and can't figure out why in the world I would post a pic of a hairy spider...right? Well, it's one of many I have "Smudged" since we have been here. I found this one tonight when I was sneaking to the freezer for some Edamame. Needless to say I was disappointed (we were out of Edamame) not only to have to settle for some pineapple sherbet and watch HGTV instead of Deadliest Catch (season is over), but I also had half a heart attack when I saw this hairy guy eyeing my chilled treat. He got the Smudge treatment and into a ziplock to be more closely examined in the morn. If you're lucky we'll post a few more of our furry found friends in the future...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I see we're being replaced - great! I guess those cute hairy guys are probably better company!! By the way, with the last post - STRAWBERRIES, SERIOUSLY!! Those stories crack me up!! I'll have to keep checking back to it to find out a little more what happens (in a sense) in the life of Aubrey!

Dumb and Dumber

The yard...