2/1/09

what a day...

Stan was working a day shift and by the end of the day I was sick of being in the house with 4 kids and nothing to eat. SOOOO..., I decided a trip to the store with all 4 kids was necessary. I wasn't anticipating the 3 meltdowns we had before arriving to the parking lot, the thousands of wandering people looking to buy just the perfect "Superbowl fixin", the milk in our shopping basket that dripped a continuous stream all the way to the checkout, and our second child screaming "this popcorn chicken isn't red!!!" What the heck (heck is for people who don't believe in gosh) is red popcorn chicken?! Then, we were lucky enough for one of the market employees to tell me that if we stood on the #13 pasted to the floor then we would be given a prize for their Super Bowl give-aways....SOOO, Carson & Phoenix stood on the number until another employee brought us a certificate for a free bucket of Macey's guacamole...yes, guacamole. Now, let's get something straight, I thought to myself. It's pretty much the most miserable shopping trip of my life and your handing my kids (who would rather have a spankin' then guacamole) a coupon that I have to stand in a 2nd line to redeem at the service desk? Needless to say, after a lady in front of me felt sorry and unloaded my full cart of groceries onto the checkstand and another employee went all the way back to get a brand new gallon of milk (which should have been half full at this point (or half empty for the kind of trip it was!)) I decided to stand in line for the free guac. It wasn't great, but I knew I had something I could throw at my kids on the way home if they were still misbehaving...mental note: some things that are free are not worth having...that one's worth jotting down...go ahead, jot it....now. i'm done

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok, so I figured it out!! When you leave a title, and I click on the title to view your blog, then I can leave a comment. I don't know why this only happens with your blog. Most of the time you don't put a title on, so it doesn't come up. Anyway...sounds like a day from.......!! I know exactly what you mean when you say, you just need to get out of the house to get some food...story of my life!! Four kids is a little different then two though. But when they have a meltdown....you almost wonder why you didn't let them starve?? "I thought I was doing something that a GOOD mom should, why are you being a BAD child!!!" Anyway, we missed you at Crystal Springs...we should all definitely plan a trip, it was so much fun!! Love you guys!!

Dumb and Dumber

The yard...